Saturday 28 November 2009

The Wilding of Sarah Palin

I really like this article by Robin of Berkley which appeared on the American Thinker site earlier this week, as it very much reflects my own opinion of Liberals, of whom I was once one, and their true attitudes towards women. As I have said before, there are few things on Earth more vicious, brutal and vindictive than a pack of Liberals defending an agenda, and they are seldom more brutal than when their victim is a white woman who refuses to fit into one of the two roles Liberals will permit a white woman to play, victim of Feminazi.

Robin writes from an American perspective, but she expresses a universal truth that to find true bigotry, real hatred, real racism and full blown misogyny one need look no further than to a swarm of Liberals in pursuit of an independently minded female. At present, with Margaret Thatcher in her dotage and Hillary Clinton successfully sidelined, the swarm have one main target, and that target is Sarah Palin.
_________________

The wilding of Sarah Palin
By Robin of Berkley

When I was in college, I read a book that changed my life. It was Susan Brownmiller's tome, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape, which explained rape as an act of power instead of just lust. What I found particularly chilling was the chapter on war -- how rape is used to terrorize a population and destroy the enemy's spirit.

While edifying, the book magnified the vulnerability I already felt as a female. Fear of rape became a constant dread, and I sought a solution that would help shield me from danger.

The answer: seek safe harbor within the Democratic Party. I even became an activist for feminist causes, including violence against women. Liberalism would protect me from the big, bad conservatives who wished me harm.

Like for most feminists, it was a no-brainer for me to become a Democrat. Liberal men, not conservatives, were the ones devoted to women's issues. They marched at my side in support of abortion rights. They were enthusiastic about women succeeding in the workplace.

As time went on, I had many experiences that should have made me rethink my certainty. But I remained nestled in cognitive dissonance -- therapy jargon for not wanting to see what I didn't want to see.

One clue: the miscreants who were brutalizing me didn't exactly look Reagan-esque. In middle and high schools, they were minority kids enraged about forced busing. On the streets of New York City and Berkeley, they were derelicts and hoodlums.

Another red flag: while liberal men did indeed hold up those picket signs, they didn't do anything else to protect me. In fact, their social programs enabled bad behavior and bred chaos in urban America. And when I was accosted by thugs, those leftist men were missing in action.

What else should have tipped me off? Perhaps the fact that so many men in ultra-left Berkeley are sleazebags. Rarely a week goes by that I don't hear stories from my young female clients about middle-aged men preying on them. With the rationale of moral relativism, these creeps feel they can do anything they please.

What finally woke me up were the utterances of "bitch," "witch," and "monster" toward Hillary Clinton and her supporters early last year. I was shocked into reality: the trash-talk wasn't coming from conservatives, but from male and female liberals.

I finally beheld what my eyes had refused to see: that leftists are Mr. and Ms. Misogyny. Neither the males nor the females care a whit about women.

Women are continually sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. If under radical Islam women are enshrouded and stoned and beheaded, so be it.

My other epiphanies: those ponytailed guys were marching for abortion rights not because they cherished women's reproductive freedom, but to keep women available for free and easy sex.

And the eagerness for women to make good money? If women work hard, leftist men don't have to.

Then along came Sarah, and the attacks became particularly heinous. And I realized something even more chilling about the Left. Leftists not only sacrifice and disrespect women, but it's far worse: many are perpetuators.

The Left's behavior towards Palin is not politics as usual. By their laser-focus on her body and her sexuality, leftists are defiling her.

They are wilding her. And they do this with the full knowledge and complicity of the White House.

The Left has declared war on Palin because she threatens their existence. Liberals need women dependent and scared so that women, like blacks, will vote Democrat.

A strong, self-sufficient woman, Palin eschews liberal protection. Drop her off in the Alaskan bush and she'll survive just fine, thank you very much. Palin doesn't need or want anything from liberals -- not hate crimes legislation that coddles her, and not abortion, which she abhors.

Palin is a woman of deep and abiding faith. She takes no marching orders from messiah-like wannabes like Obama.

And so the Left must try to destroy her. And they are doing this in the most malicious of ways: by symbolically raping her.

Continue reading here

_____________________
Hat Tip RR

14 comments:

kerdasi amaq said...

"Rarely a week goes by that I don't hear stories from my young female clients about middle-aged men preying on them. With the rationale of moral relativism, these creeps feel they can do anything they please."

Hmm. what's the ethnicity of these "middle-aged men"? It's not easy for an ordinary White guys to go to college or get tenure! That's what "affirmative action" is for.

Dr.D said...

This is a very powerful article on Sarah Palin by Robin of Berkley. Somehow, I missed that on AT which I usually read.

What it says about the Left is even more important than what it says about Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin is standing up to it all, provoking it, but the fact that the Left is willing to stoop so low, has no conscience to guide it, is very disturbing. We are no longer talking about politics, but rather about civil war. The Left truly hates the conservative people of the US, and would happily see us all dead. Then they could have their communist Utopia, at least for a microsecond before it comes apart at the seams. The Left is guided by pure, unbridled hatred, leading to an "end justifies any means" approach to their efforts. This is an extremely dangerous situation.

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like this writer is making the same mistake a lot of disillusioned liberals make, which is attacking other liberals for their perceived shortcomings, while pretending not to notice how much WORSE the conservatives are. I don't think that will help things get better in the least.

Sarah Palin hasn't helped herself at all by saying some of the ignorant and stupid things she has. YouTube is full of clips of her putting her foot in her mouth again and again.

There's a recent one where she keeps confusing Iraq and Iran, as if she can't tell the difference between the two -- and none of that is the fault of the admittedly flawed liberals....

Anonymous said...

"Palin is a woman of deep and abiding faith."

Who comes across like an ignorant and narrow-minded religious wackjob. "Faith" is only positive if it's in something sensible.

"She takes no marching orders from messiah-like wannabes like Obama."

But to hear her tell it, she does take her marching orders from messiah-like wannabes like Jesus H. Christ....

"And so the Left must try to destroy her. And they are doing this in the most malicious of ways: by symbolically raping her."

"Symbolically RAPING her??" I'm no stranger to hyperbole myself, but let's get serious here. Criticizing her and calling her an ignorant nutcase is hardly "raping" her. And throwing a claim like that around makes the writer sound like a hysterical twit.

Dr.D said...

@ Anonymous 1:07

"Who comes across like an ignorant and narrow-minded religious wackjob. "Faith" is only positive if it's in something sensible."

Presumably a sane, rational person would be someone who agrees with you, right? To attack a person with a term such as "wackjob" is simply the resort of someone who really has nothing of substance to say against the other person. What do you consider to be faith in something sensible? Perhaps a frog? or maybe Barack Obama, Mr. Hopenchange himself? or maybe the current PM? But I repeat myself, because they are all covered in the initial category of frog.

"But to hear her tell it, she does take her marching orders from messiah-like wannabes like Jesus H. Christ...."

You really should have listened more closely in Sunday School. Jesus Christ IS the Messiah, not a wannabe. There really is quite a difference. Yes, Sarah Palin listens to what he says, so do I, and so do millions of others around the world. You might want to rethink your arrogant foolishness here.

""Symbolically RAPING her??" I'm no stranger to hyperbole myself, but let's get serious here. Criticizing her and calling her an ignorant nutcase is hardly "raping" her. And throwing a claim like that around makes the writer sound like a hysterical twit."

It is sad to say, but there have been numerous public calls for Sarah Palin to be raped, most of them coming from prominent women on the Left, which is utterly disgraceful. It is time to get serious here and stop talking like primitive savages. You should not suggest that for any woman, and the fact that she disagrees with you politically certainly does not justify it. It is a call for physical violence to dominate Sarah Palin and those making such calls should be thoroughly condemned.

Ignorant people like yourself calling her a "nutcase" do not rise to this level. You simply show your own foolishness. Even if you disagree with her, if you were smarter, you would recognize that she is a very canny politician and an able leader. Rather than cast your pointless personal attacks, why don't you sit back and watch what happens. You are in for an education.

Sarah Maid of Albion said...

Thanks Dr. D

I didn't have time to respond to our media brainwashed correspondent, and am grateful that you did.

Sarah

Dr.D said...

Always happy to help, Sarah. I'm sure your burden must be very heavy at times with some of the nonsense that comes in these comments.

Anonymous said...

It's hardly being "media brainwashed" to see the woman speak and to listen to and read what she says, and to then conclude that she's a narrowminded and ignorant simpleton who is better suited to running a hicktown in the boondocks of Alaska, rather than trying to be a major player in the political arena where you're actually expected to KNOW something.

The U.S. is already going to take the next decade or two to recover from the LAST ignorant yokel they had leading their country. They're SO slow to learn. (I'm not a fan of Obama, but look at the alternative.)

People keep praising "faith" like the mere fact that someone blindly BELIEVES some silly nonsense is supposed to be a good thing. Not in a sane and rational world, based on logic and reason.

Why is it a bad thing if someone believes in the Great Golden Turtle who lives in the sky, but a GOOD one when someone actually believes there is a kind old man who lives there instead, who supposedly listens to our prayers but lets the innocent and blameless suffer horribly while doing nothing whatever to help, while the wicked go unpunished?

And speaking of those who have been brainwashed..."You really should have listened more closely in Sunday School. Jesus Christ IS the Messiah, not a wannabe. There really is quite a difference."

Oh sure.... And how do you know that? Because clever men wrote it in a book two thousand years ago, in a cunning attempt to coerce the naive and gullible to do as they said? DO you call that PROOF?

This occult "spirit in the sky" came down and impregnated another man's wife (isn't that adultery?) and his "son" who lived 2,000 years ago is supposed to have washed MY sins away? That's a good one! Loonytune time....

You seem to have lost all your critical abilities when they forcefed you all that preposterous swill in Sunday school. (So many children were permanently damaged by being indoctrinated with all that nonsense before they were old enough to be able to think properly.)

Yet you call ME ignorant and foolish? That's a laugh and a half.

Anonymous said...

"I'm sure your burden must be very heavy at times with some of the nonsense that comes in these comments."

And speaking of "nonsense", THAT comes from this poor gullible soul who actually believes all the silly fairytales he was told in Sunday school, and who clearly hasn't learned anything new since 1957? Too funny....

But oh, gee, he's a DOCTOR, as he insists on proclaiming right in his name. Doctors are some of the most narrow-minded people alive, yet somehow they think they're one small step below Gawd. I'm not impressed at all.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you told me, "I would be grateful if you would not make personal attacks on other commentators."

Yet this pompous ass "Dr. D." is allowed to sneer at and ridicule ME without a word of criticism from you, because he sucks up to you and tells you what you want to hear. Pathetic. Your shrill and hysterical blog badly needs some balance, which you're not getting when you censor dissent.

"You are free to express your view"

Apparently not, since he's allowed to post all his deluded bilge that he ”learned" from the Bible – even as he labels what I say "nonsense" -- and I'm not allowed to respond to it.

(And I don't expect to see this posted either. Hypocritical cow....)

Sarah Maid of Albion said...

Actually, what happened was that I didn't e-mail notifications about your posts so they have been sitting in the moderation queue until I got your latest tirade.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, your insults and blasphemy simply reflect who you are and what your outlook on life is. Those who truly know Christ know Him not because of reading about Him in the Bible, although that is one source, but mostly they know Him through personal experience with Him. That sort of experience never, ever comes to anyone who approaches with your mindset, so with this attitude, you will not ever be able to come to know any more about Christ than what you can read in the Bible. Whatever you have read, you simply heap scorn upon, so your prospects for further knowledge of Christ are not good without a complete change of heart. But that is entirely up to you.

You describe me as pompous and sneering, and that really is not the case at all. If you would meet me on the street, you would not say that at all. As to the use of the name "Dr.D", that was given to me by my co-workers at my job. It reflects the fact that I do have an earned doctoral degree (have you studied that much?). I do not think I am right next to God, nor did I expect you to be impressed. It is just a name that I was given, it is appropriate, and I use it.

I do think that our hostess, Sarah, carries quite a burden with all the nonsense that she allows to take place in these comments. Do you have any idea how rude you have been? How completely uncivil you have been? Your behaviour is no way for people to act in an advanced, civilized society, and it reflects the label you hide behind, Anonymous. If you were to show any hint of your identity, you would be ashamed to act as you do. It is only in the anonymous sphere of the Internet that people let go of all of their inhibitions and become savages again. For shame! It is disgraceful.

-- Dr.D

Sarah Maid of Albion said...

This is very difficult sometimes. I believe in free speech, which is something widely denied to those who share my views. There are many many sites which will not allow me to express my opinion, and I do not wish to stoop to their level.

There are consequences however, and, in this instance, someone I respect, Dr, D, has been gratuitously offended. That is not fair, or just, and I apologise for that.

However, the alternative is to be as bad as those we oppose, as I say, it is a difficult balance.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you weren't really trying to stifle dissent, Sarah. It was starting to look like it!

"someone I respect, Dr, D, has been gratuitously offended"

Just in case you didn't notice, I was gratuitously offended by HIM, which is what provoked me.

He calls me "foolish and arrogant", and what I said "nonsense", even as he bases his faith on silly and dubious fairytales.

Whenever someone talks about "getting to know Jesus personally" and "having a personal relationship" with a questionable personage who has been dead for 2,000 years, it always reminds me of chatting to the guy next to me at the bus stop -- and then suddenly realizing that man is a complete LOON, who says he talks to the stars and gets his orders from the Great Golden Turtle. Wacko time!

And the same way that the word "racist" gets bandied about in an effort to shut up people who see inequities, the word "blasphemy" is thrown at people who dare to use their brains for what it's for -- logical thought and reason. I find that pathetic.