Sunday 6 April 2008

Comments worth repeating

Although I don't consider myself a "conservative" in the traditional sense, I read this on the "Why South Africa Sucks" blog this morning. I liked it so I thought I'd include a link to it.


The thing I like best about being a conservative is that I don't have to lie. I don't have to pretend that men and women are the same. I don't have to declare that failed or oppressive cultures are as good as mine. I don't have to say that everyone's special or that the rich cause poverty or that all religions are a path to God. I don't have to claim that a bad writer like Alice Walker is a good one or that a good writer like Toni Morrison is a great one. I don't have to pretend that Islam means peace.

Read the rest here

NOTE
I am afraid that since I posted this message the "Why South Africa Sucks" blog has been deleted, more details and a new link are available here but I am afraid the rest of the post I was quoting from is no longer available.

That one line is still a good one though.

No comments: